A great community deserves a great hospital. From its humble beginnings through decades of expansion, North Kansas City Hospital stands today as a beacon of hope and health to those who work and live in the Northland.
A dream turned to reality for Northland residents when North Kansas City Hospital opened in 1958. The first money raised for the Hospital’s construction came from a two-day chili event. Organizations and churches pitched in and collected $1,000.05. This event sparked interest in obtaining the remaining funds necessary to build the Hospital.
North Kansas City Hospital opened on March 30, 1958, with an 80-bed facility. Flash forward to today. North Kansas City Hospital is a 69-acre campus comprised of North Kansas City Hospital, a 451-licensed bed, acute-care facility; The Pavilion encompassing patient rooms, outpatient services, offices for Hospital staff, physician offices and a conference center; Health Center, the location for Home Health Services and Signature Psychiatric Health; and two physician office buildings, known as Medical Plaza and Professional Building; and NorthCare Hospice House, the Northland’s only hospice house.