If the holidays have you feeling more “Bah! Humbug!” and less holly jolly, try a massage. Put shopping lists, party planning and family squabbles on hold for a little while and find some peace and joy of a different kind.
Massages are just beneficial around the holidays. Did you know they can boost your everyday emotional and mental health? You heard us right. Massages are good for you.
And, they make the perfect gift for friends and loved ones.
Here are eight reasons why you should get to the spa more often.
- Reduce stress. If one massage can lower your heart rate, just think about what massage could do for your heart if you had one on a regular basis.
- Provide long-term benefits. Those feelings of relaxation, less stress and euphoria last long after your session is over. It’s a brain thing.
- Improve your posture. Massages relax and loosen sore muscles caused by poor posture and help your body realign itself.
- Improve circulation. Massage movements send oxygen-rich blood through the body to damaged, tense muscles so they can heal.
- Lower your blood pressure. If holiday stress has your blood pressure boiling, a massage can help lower it to healthier levels.
- Improve your flexibility. An office job or sedentary lifestyle can make joints less flexible. Massage helps improve the range of motion in your joints and connective tissues.
- Relieve headaches. If you suffer from stress headaches, massage can relieve tension in your muscles and relax trigger points so you can feel better fast.
- Strengthen your immune system. Still need an excuse to treat yourself or a loved one? Massages can give your immune a boost during cold and flu season.
North Kansas City Hospital’s certified massage therapists help you relax, rejuvenate and recuperate. Visit nkch.org/Massage to see our massage therapy services and book an appointment.